Perhaps one of the most elegant staircase designs is the curved staircase. The added complexity inherent with the curve represents the pinnacle of stair craftsmanship. When executed properly, a curved staircase flows seamlessly from one level of the house to the next, exuding sophistication and well thought out design.
Our Unique Manufacturing Method
Developed, tested and executed in our Calgary manufacturing facility we developed a method to bend our wood stringers that ensures consistency in curve radius and stable long lasting consistency. Our company is the only stair builder in Canada to use preset radius jigs with steel clamps and low pressure air bags to bend our stringers. Using this method means quicker set up and exact results every time.
Adding Custom Curved Stairs to Your Home
Whether your designing a new home to build or considering an upgrade to an existing house, our custom curved staircases can add a great deal of value to your investment. Artistic Stairs and Railings has nearly four decades of experience building all types of curved staircases, including both wood and metal designs, and we know how to build stairs that are visually appealing, expertly constructed and more than capable of withstanding the test of time.
We understand that every client is unique, and many of our clients have very specific designs in mind. Fortunately, we have the expertise necessary to help you bring your unique tastes to life with an exquisite staircase design that meets all of your specifications and complements the rest of your home. With our company, you can always expect:
- Attention to detail
- Top quality materials with Premium woods
- Innovative staircase designs
- Superior craftsmanship and skill
- Design Team Assistance
With our unmatched skill and many years of experience in the industry, we have mastered the art of constructing virtually any type of curved staircase, including: gallery
- Traditional curved staircases
- Contemporary wood mono-stringer curved staircases
- Modern curved staircases
- Double curved staircases
- Free standing curved staircases
- Steel mono-stringer or double curved staircases
- Spiral staircases
- Staircases with curved glass guards and railings
- Custom staircases designed by the client
Getting started on your custom curved stairs is easy. Simply contact Artistic Stairs and Railings, tell us a little about your project and we will begin preparations. If you already have a design in mind, we are more than happy to help you bring it to life. If you aren’t sure what you want your stairs to look like, we will help you explore options while showing actual examples in our show room or reviewing pictures. Whether you are incorporating custom curved stairs into a new construction project, replacing existing stairs or adding an additional staircase into a project, the people at Artistic Stairs & Railings have the skills and expertise necessary to get the job done right. We will work hand-in-hand with you through every stage of planning, design, building, delivery and the installation process.
Our reputation speaks for itself, and customer satisfaction is a must for our company. If you choose Artistic Stairs & Railings to complete your custom staircase project, we will do everything in our power to ensure that you are not only satisfied with our products, but also impressed with its beauty and quality. Contact us today to discuss your project or set up a meeting. We look forward to hearing from you!
REQUEST A QUOTE:
- Items Needed for Quote:
- Floor plans of each staircase.
- Elevation and design drawings with specifications, including and not limited to, handrail systems and wood species.
- Simple line sketches showing basic staircase dimensions if prints are not available.
- PDF and CAD file formats are acceptable.
- Inspiration photos.
- Upon receipt of floor plans, a formal estimate will be prepared in a timely fashion for your review and consideration.
STAIR MEASURING PROCESS:
- Upon acceptance of formal estimate, the design process will begin using one (1) of the following measuring options:
- Dimensions specified on your architectural plans.
- Dimensions provided from actual field measurements.
- Dimensions we can obtain by visiting your jobsite.
- NOTE: Conceptual drawings can be drawn to begin the process.
- Upon approval of drawings, the staircase carriage is fabricated in the shop with finished treads, risers, and stringers.
STAIR AND HANDRAIL SYSTEM DELIVERY PROCESS:
- Turn-Key Supply and Installation:
- Staircase delivered to job site and installed by our expert craftsmen.
- Handrail System delivered to job site and installed by our expert craftsmen. Finishing of the wood components of the railings usually completed by the painter onsite already. We can provide a quote for finishing as well, just let us know.
- Builders Line Curved Stairs:
- The fully constructed stair is delivered to site with protection (cannot be left outside though) and is installed by the framers.
From Inspiration to Installation
- Commitment for over 30 years to building the highest quality, custom commercial and residential staircases.
- Industry-leading design team with extensive capabilities to turn your vision into reality.
- Innovative approach, embracing the challenges of designing creative, one-of-a kind staircase projects.
- Expert wood and steel craftsmanship with flawless execution.
- Seamless project management with a commitment to meeting schedules and delivering results.
- Trusted reputation for meeting the high expectations of our clients, ensuring the staircase makes a memorable statement.
- In-depth knowledge of codes and regulations, ensuring a smooth construction process, perfect measurement and installation.